Sensory bottles are a great way to engage and entertain young children, they are easy and cheap to make and long lasting. Use recycled materials from around your home.
Here are some different discovery bottle contents:
- Brightly coloured twisted pipe cleaners for visual interest
- Rice, makes a light sound
- Money, makes loud sounds
- Glitter, sparkles for visual interest
- Water and food colouring
- Pompoms for visual interest
- Water and colourful Hama beads for noise, colour and movement
- Ripped up pieces of tin foil, slow movement and reflection of light
Once you have filled the plastic bottles with materials be sure to seal them tightly before allowing children to play with them. Super glue is an easy way to secure the lids on the bottles.